Once upon a time in Sensi Labs universe we spoke about being able to focus on some task and a way to present that to people around. Everyone had a situation when “just quick question” got you off track and brilliant idea was lost forever… or for couple minutes.
After brainstorming session we’ve came with rules:
- Anyone can switch to “focus mode” after full hour.
- Session expires at 50th minute of an hour
- You can’t be disturbed unless:
- World is about to end.
- There is a disaster on production (never happened to us but same say other companies had it).
- During “focus mode” you are allowed to turn off messenger and ignore everyone.
- In order to inform about others about your state place a signal object of some sort.
Then it came to signaling object. Our CTO decided it’s just the task for him. Some time passed when he presented us “busy as duck”.
It’s obviously quite popular rubber duck which happens to be problem-solving aid and bath accessory as well.
This ducks started their life as latter but he’ve glued a round magnet at it’s bottom and add another magnet to it, with a piece of two sided tape.
Recipe for mounting:
- Take lower magnet, remove tape cover and glue it to top of your external monitor.
- If you’re busy, magnet the duck to top your monitor.
- When you become available to others, simply remove the duck and put it on your desk.
Ducks have taken our office by the storm and now almost every screen has them. By the way, the production of 20 ducks was done under 10 dollars.
Let’s do IT.